Breaking down the process.
We realize it can be overwhelming to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Take each step one at a time and you'll have your license before you know it.
Within 90 days of registering for the 48‐Hour Salesperson Pre‐Examination Course:
- Complete the 48‐Hour Salesperson Pre‐Examination Course
- An examination will be given to all students of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Select Real Estate School— allowance to complete this test will be for up to (4) hours. Students must receive a passing score or NO certificate of completion will be issued.
In any order, within six months of completing the pre‐exam licensing course:
- Take and complete the 24‐Hour Missouri Real Estate Practice Course after completion of the 48‐Hour Course.
- Pass the state‐administered licensing examination through its vendor AMP (www.goamp.com).
- Complete fingerprinting for a Missouri criminal history background check. For more information on fingerprinting, please click here. | MREC's four-digit registration number is 0004.
Additional information can be found on the Missouri Real Estate Commission (MREC) website.
Within six months of completing the pre‐exam licensing course:
- Select a Broker and apply for a license. The application must be received by the MREC on or before the expiration date. See your certificate for the expiration date.
Though the items listed in Step Two can be taken in any order, we recommend that all potentiallicensees attend and complete the 24-Hour Missouri Real Estate Practice Course before taking the state licensing examination. The 24-Hour required course includes material which may be beneficial to the student when taking the licensing examination.
Time frames are critical. It is imperative that all prospective licensees carefully watch the dates listed below. We recommend marking your calendar with the following:
- 90 days from registering for the 48‐hour salesperson pre‐exam course (complete 48 hour course)
- Six months from completing the 48 Hour Salesperson Pre Examination course (24-hour, pass test, fingerprints & apply for license)
Potential students may wish to review the Missouri Candidate Handbook here.